Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hot Mama: Mesocycle #2 Results

I completed the second Mesocycle in Cathe Friedrich's STS series! While I didn't see the same phenomenal results as with the first Mesocycle, I still had progress and am pleased with the direction I'm going.

I lost another 4.5" total body (1" of that being in my waist), 2 lbs, and 1% body fat. I'm down to 22% body fat with a goal of 19%. Honestly, I'm a little concerned that I won't make that goal by the end of the third Mesocycle but I'm sure going to try.

BEFORE: 121 lbs 27% body fat





AFTER MESO #1: 118 lbs, 23% body fat





CURRENT (AFTER MESO #2): 116 lbs, 22% body fat



I tried to get a close up of when I flex my abs to show the 6 pack but I couldn't get the definition didn't show up in the pictures. Bummer! I think I need a tan. ;-)

I started Mesocycle #3 on Monday. This group of exercises focuses on strength gains so I'm lifting 80-90% of my 1 rep max.

I'm keeping my cardio centered on kickboxing. I find this form of exercise to be extremely beneficial for me. My body responds well to it and I like the way I look and feel when I'm doing it. Plus, it's great stress relief to kick, punch, and jump! My faves are Cathe Friedrich's (of course!) Kick Max, Kick, Punch, and Crunch, MMA: Boxing, and 4-Day Split Kickbox.

I'm breaking my core workouts down by week. Week 1 will be Cathe Friedrich's Ab Hits. Week 2 is KorFlex (yes, I use and love an infomercial workout). I'll be doing only the 7 minute ab series of this workout. Week 3 is Cathe Friedrich's Core Max. And Week 4 is Cathe Friedrich's STS Core Circuits. I arranged these from easiest to hardest (based on my opinion).

4 weeks to my goal and hopefully One Hot Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Such a difference in the shape of your legs!! One question--how are you measuring body fat? I have not found a consistent and accurate method and I'd really like to get into monitoring my body fat % rather than just my weight.

    ReplyDelete