Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Randomness

You'll find I'm a bit random in my thoughts and I jump around a lot (literally and figuratively). I just can't do any one thing for very long and that often times includes completing a thought or expressing an idea. I'm also not a talented writer or a master of words so forgive me if all of the wit in my posts comes from the things my 2 year old says.

A little about me and my life. I'm Tara, a stay at home mom of two amazing children. I have Alexandra Rae (Ally) who is 2 1/2 and Jace Matthew who is almost 6 months. They both are a blast (read: challenge) and I learn something from them everyday, typically about how to better myself as a person and a peaceful parent.

My partner in crime is Ryan and we've been laughing, loving, and living as one since October 7, 2006. He inspires me daily and keeps me grounded. We try to live the idea that marriage is working as a team, and support and kindness go a long way in growing and sustaining love.

Before becoming a mom I was a fitness professional doing in home personal training and teaching 15-20 group exercise classes a week including step aerobics, weight training, bootcamp, kickboxing, stability ball, and traditional hi-lo (old school floor aerobics). My bachelors is in Sports Medicine and I've done a lot of coaching in gymnastics and cheerleading over the last 10 years. I currently use my knowledge to keep myself healthy and I lead a couple of stroller-based fitness classes each week, but will most definitely return to the world of teaching and coaching when my daytime hours free up with kiddos in school.

My guess is, this blog will be pretty eclectic with topics ranging from my current cross stitching project and my obsession with fitness to homebirth, breastfeeding, and pretty much anything "crunchy" or holistic/natural/alternative. I'll try to spend more time approaching the controversial topics from a place of education and less time on my soapbox, though I'm sure there will be some of that too because if you have no passion for the things you practice, then why bother?

Now, where to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment