Sunday, April 22, 2012

Detox Day 2, Delish!

Well, today has been quite a bit better and easier than yesterday. I took the advice of my chiropractor and added more veggies to my meals. I doubled yesterday's vegetable intake. For breakfast I had a green smoothie with banana, blueberries, strawberries, kale, celery, and raw Maca root powder. Much more filling. I also had a cup of Traditional Medicinals Everyday Detox tea, hot. I love hot tea so this is a very acceptable alternative to coffee for me. I only drink a couple cups of coffee a week and it's decaf so that piece as been easy to remove. Tomorrow is the liquid fast day so I prepped everything for that this afternoon. I did a lot of juicing and also made a mineral broth (basically a vegetable stock). Here is where the Delicious Mistake was made! I am new to juicing and just don't know much about it. I was supposed to juice 1/2 pineapple, 1 lime, and 1/4 cup of fresh mint. All I had was frozen pineapple because I prefer my green smoothies to be frozen. I "juiced" the pineapple and it came out the most beautiful sorbet texture! I added the lime and mint juice and voila! Amazing, refreshing raw food treat! I know this isn't news for you juicers and raw foodies but this made my day! I have a wicked sweet tooth and this meant dessert while I detox! I made my husband Ryan try it and even he said it "wasn't bad!" which is pretty enthusiastic coming from him regarding healthy food. For lunch I had another green smoothie and a spinach salad with the apple-pear balsamic vinegar dressing I made yesterday. I had a banana later in the afternoon since we don't do dinner until 8. For dinner I had another spinach salad with another cup of hot Everyday Dtox tea, and then I "indulged" in my Delicious Mistake. How satisfying! I have been trying to pay extra close attention to any changes and I haven't had to focus hard to find them! I wish now I had taken before pictures yesterday because I woke up today, weighed, and looked in the mirror. I am down 4lbs and no longer look bloated! Side note and surely TMI, but important, my bowels haven't been more than normal and my cycle started today and I am STILL able to see visible changes. Beyond the visible, my sinuses are clearing. I normally have some congestion that has just become normal and not bothersome. Today that congestion is pretty well gone. I also have noticed I'm cold almost all the time. The only time today I have been warm was when we were prepping our home for a showing (we're selling our home for those who don't know). We worked hard for an hour and a half and I was finally warm. This was my norm before having kids but I have been consistently warm/hot since I was pregnant with Ally, baby #1 of 2. I don't know if this is a positive thing but I'd rather be cold than hot so it works for me! I also want to add that I am still nursing both of my kiddos, ages 3 1/2 years and 18 months.this detox is safe while nursing according to my doctors because it is food-based and requires no supplements or extreme fasting. I have not noticed a change in my milk supply yet and Jace, the 18 month old, hasn't complained about my milk so far. Yesterday every single one of his diapers was poopy. I was beginning to wonder who was xeroxing here, me or him?! He's back to normal diapers I'm off to drink a little water (still struggling a little with that) and then to bed. Tomorrow: Liquid fasting day. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment