Monday, April 30, 2012

Detox Day 10: The End!

I made it to Day 10! I received an email from the chiropractor leading the detox this morning and she congratulated me for being one of only two people to finish the detox! Nothing new today as far as food goes. Over the course of the day I had a green smoothie, toasted gluten free bread with almond butter and banana on top, an apple with peanut butter, Everyday Detox hot tea, and a spinach salad with sautéed mushrooms. I feel good and have noticed a few new results today. Since my kids were born I've had a rash on the back of my arms and after researching it discovered it is caused by a food sensitivity. It's gone now. :-) Hopefully it will stay that way as I add foods back in. I'm curious to find out what food was causing it. I also see more natural glow to the skin on my face. My nails look so much better even though I'm a nail biter. Maybe I'll treat myself to a mani-pedi or a facial to celebrate my achievement. I'll be adding foods back in but slowly and in a specific order based on common sensitivities. Tomorrow will be chicken, next is beef, then raw dairy (we don't do pasteurized dairy) and eggs, gluten, and sugar & alcohol last. Pork should be the last protein added and we rarely eat it so I'll add it in whenever it comes up in our meal planning; probably sausage during a weekend breakfast. I now get to move on to other exciting parts of my life, like filming my own fitness DVD's and hopefully buying a new home! THE END!

3 comments:

  1. What is the name of the detox you did? I would love to try it out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. levkr, it doesn't have a name as it isn't a commercial detox. It was designed my part of my chiropractic health team. I'd be happy to pass your info on to her if you'd like to connect to get the informational packet. Huffman.TaraFit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete