Monday, April 23, 2012

Detox Day 3, Easy-Peasey Lemon- Squeezy!

Day 3 is coming to an end and I feel pretty good! I ended up consuming 9 glasses of liquids today! I did all my juicing and prep yesterday so it would be a no-brainer to grab today. I juiced 3 different blends and a batch of mineral broth which is basically a vegetable stock. I did a pineapple, lime, mint blend which is probably my favorite. It is tart and refreshing like a limeade. It is really potent though so I diluted it 25% juice, 75% water. I also did a combination of carrots, apples, and ginger. Surprisingly good since I don't like carrots at all! Again I diluted but only about 50/50 on this one. The last juice blend I did was my least favorite but still very palatable. This one was granny smith apple, romaine, celery, and lime, diluted 50/50. The celery was a bit strong for me but the lime covered it up just enough. The mineral broth was pretty much awful. It tasted just like it should, I just didn't like it. It had a reallynstrong cooked carrot flavor and I just cannot stomach cooked carrots. It would've probably been much more doable if it had salt in it. I only choked down one glass of that (hot) while I did 2 glasses of each of the others. I also had some hot tea and some plain water. Overall, not a tough day. I don't feel super hungry but I do miss the way food tastes. Yesterday I craved hummus and a sub sandwich. Today I really wanted baked spaghetti with meatballs. I will be glad to get back to at least eating something with a bit of texture tomorrow! I feel like the detox is all downhill, easy sailing from here. 7 days to go and tomorrow I'm back to raw fruits and veggies. This experience, so far, has reminded me of my natural childbirth experiences with both children. I know, I know, how are they at all alike?! For me, natural childbirth was possible because I was prepared for it. I researched why I was doing it, how to make it simpler, and had a great support team. All of those things gave me the strong desire and conviction to do it and truly stick with it. This has been the same. I have the information on why detoxing is beneficial, recipes for yummy food, and a great support team. All pieces giving me desire and conviction. The hours of 2-4pm have been the hardest and are times when I so want to just grab a piece of cheese or have a spoonful of peanut butter. That reminds me of transition in the process of childbirth; that time when you doubt everything you know, including yourself and your strength. It seems silly to think of something like this being even close to as difficult as something like childbirth but they seem to parallel to much. When I was in transition with my daughter, first born Ally, I said to Ryan, "I thought I was stronger than this!" and his reply was, "Look at what you're doing! You are strong!" I've clung to that for the last 3 1/2 years because it was exactly what I needed from him at that very moment, and it's helping again through another challenge. After today's experience, I plan to continue with some juicing. I look forward to trying new recipes and getting wonderfully healthy raw veggies, that I wouldn't normally eat, in my body! You get out what you put in! You only get one body, treat it like the temple it is and you will be rewarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment