Thursday, April 26, 2012

Detox Day 6: Beginning of the End

Day 6 has been actually a bit more difficult! I was allowed to add in gluten free grains, and the produce doesn't have to be raw anymore. I kept my typical green smoothie since that was part of my routine prior to the detox. I really wasn't very hungry at lunch so I just had a piece of toasted gluten free bread and some homemade raw applesauce. I couldn't even finish the applesauce I was so full. Ally finished it for me. :-) I taught Baby Boot Camp again this evening and did more than I have done the rest of the week but I still modified a bit. I really needed to move and felt like I could, so I did. For dinner I had zucchini and mushrooms with rice. It was good but boy was I full afterwards! I've been craving dessert all evening though and feel very unsatisfied. I wonder if there is a connection to adding in grains? It was very strange to eat something other than raw fruits and veggies. I felt a little guilty! I have noticed a large increase in thirst over the last 2 days. My mouth has been dry most of the day even if I feel full of water. So far I have lost 7 lbs and anticipate that to be as much as I'll lose since that was lost in the first 3 days. I read somewhere that the average person has 8-10 lbs of toxins in their cells at any given time. I can see how that could be true! It'll be interesting to see if I gain any of it back as I add in food and get back to my intense workouts. I am noticeably smaller and my clothes do fit differently since I started the detox (in a good way). 5 lbs on my 5' frame is about a dress size. I am heading out of town tomorrow so I have quite a bit of planning to do in order to finish the final 4 days. We will be eating out for all meals and I'm not sure if I should just order a salad/roasted veggies or if I should bring my own prepared food. It feels rude to bring my own but I don't want to make a mistake this close to the end! I don't like to do things halfway. All or nothing! I've worked so hard to do this successfully.

1 comment:

  1. This is a program that will give you a diet that will burn up the excess fat from your body and will work to flush out the toxic substances in your body. More information on body cleanse colon cleanse.

    ReplyDelete